Today, on April’05 champions in alpine skiing slalom were defined in Khanty-Mansiysk. Tereza Kmochova from Czech Republic became a five-time Deaflympic champion and Giacomo Pierbon from Italy a three-time medalist.
Tereza Kmochova and Giacomo Pierbon have shared their impressions after the competitions with the media-service of the Deaflympics.
Tereza Kmochova (Czech Republic), 1st place:
– Tereza, what can you say about your performance today?
– The trail was very good today, though sometimes it was difficult for me to deal with wet snow. Still, Icansayitwasagoodrace. I would like to thank the organizers of the Games for preparing the slopes.
– You became a five-time medalist of Deaflympics 2015 in Magnitogorsk and Khanty-Mansiysk. Did you expect such a success before the Games?
– Well, I supposed that I would win some medals in Russia. ButIdidn’texpecttherewouldbe 5 medals. Andallofthemwouldbegold. Thisisfantastic!
– Is it the best moment in your life?
– You know, I showed good results in other big international competitions. SoIdon’tfeeltooexcitedaboutsuchasuccess. Still it’s always a pleasure to win.
Giacomo Pierbon (Italy), 1st place:
– Giacomo, how do you feel?
– I am tired. Very tired. Still I feel very happy now! I was nervous before the competitions. But the members of our alpine skiing federation and our team helped me a lot.
– What can you say about Khanty-Mansiysk and Magnitogorsk?
– I didn’t know about such places before. But I likes them very much! The nature here is very beautiful. Your slopes are perfect for alpine skiing. It was a pleasure for me to compete here.