The Alpine-skiing Centre “Metallurg – Magnitogorsk” is situated near lake Bannoye (Yakty-Kul), surrounded by unique forests and mountains of South Ural, 40 km away from Magnitogorsk, 3 km from “Jubileyniy” sanatorium and 25 km from alpine-skiing complex “Abzakovo”. This is an ecologically clear area with mild climate, picturesque mountains and astonishingly beautiful forests.
The Alpine-skiing Centre “Metallurg – Magnitogorsk” is a young but rapidly-developing resort, which attracts many fans of extreme sports. Its slopes are turned east. 7 trails are made for people with different skiing experience. The Alpine-skiing Centre in Bannoye is equipped with the first in Russia 1700m long speed elevator. It is able to transfer 2800 people per hour. The distance is covered in 6 minutes. The length of the trails is around 2500 meters; the vertical drop is 450 meters. For the beginners there’s a 300m trail with a drag lift. There’s a 60m half-pipe with 16° decline.
For whose interested in night skiing there are specially equipped and lighted trails. A wide range of tickets of different types and categories is available. The experienced rescue team and instructors are working in “Metallurg – Magnitogorsk”. Besides, snow-machines “TechnoAlpin” (Italy) make the trails suitable for skiing from November till May.
A developed resort infrastructure is situated near the Alpine-skiing Centre: sanatoriums “Jubileyniy”, “Yakty-kul”, rest houses “Berezki”, “Bannoye”, “Uralskiye Zori”.
The guests of the centre can use any equipment for alpine-skiing, luggage lockers, a ski repair point, a first-aid post, a shop, a tubing course, a restaurant for 50 visitors situated in the top of a mountain, a café, barbeque, 18 picnic zones, paintball equipment, 2 parking zones for 100 and 200 cars.
Events that took place at the Alpine-skiing Centre:
- Extreme sports festival «MetLa-2013» (2013);
- National Competitions “The prize of a bear cub” (2013);
- National alpine-skiing and snowboarding competitions among children “Podsnezhnik” (2013);
- Big Air and Jibbing extreme sports festival «Vosstaniye-2013» (2013);
- 1st tour of Russian Mountainbiking Cup (2013);
- Russian Mountainbiking Championships (2013);
- National alpine-skiing competitions “The start of a season” (2013);
- National alpine-skiing competitions “The Alpine-skiing Centre “Metallurg – Magnitogorsk” Cup 2013” (2013);
- 1st tour of Russian Ski Mountaineering Cup (2013);
- National alpine-skiing competitions named after R. Shaykhlislamov (2013);
- 2SG National Chanpionships and the Cup of Russia (2013).